The growth of women’s sport has been marked by the rise of women’s Football. In the last ten years, we have seen many top-tier women football leagues growing, becoming more visible internationally and competing for top players. But how do these leagues compare to each other ? Who is performing better today and who is still catching up? Which league is home to top players today or performing best on commercials?
We have addressed those questions through our very own Women’s Football League Index.
The Index looks at twelve women’s top-tier football leagues from Europe, Asia and Americas and assesses their performance across key areas of the game, ranking them on five main metrics: Fans, Players, Product, Commercial and Workforce.
A few take-aways emerge from our research and main findings:
1. There is very high growth potential for women's football leagues
2. The women’s game is global with top rankings earned by leagues from different continents
3. North American leagues, US’ NWSL and Mexico’s Liga MX Feminil, emerge as top performers across metrics
4. England’s Barclay’s FA Women Super League performing best in Europe and is in the lead on fans and commercial
5. The WE in Japan earned high rankings on commercial and workforce
6. Spain’s Primera Division was constantly among top 5 in ranking
DOWNLOAD THE INDEX
To discuss our findings please contact:
Fabrice Bocquet – Head of Football – firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Massey – Head of Portas UK and Europe – email@example.com
Elise Kossaifi – Head of Women and Sport – firstname.lastname@example.org